Special Needs Ministry
Our mission as a ministry is to glorify God by loving, welcoming and including individuals with special needs and/or disabilities in every setting at Calvary Chapel Chester Springs. We are committed to helping all individuals grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ and be conformed to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit, no matter what physical, cognitive, intellectual, and/or developmental challenges they face. We want to equip them, as well as their families, to follow Jesus, share His love and good news with others, and fulfill the good works that God has prepared in advance for them to walk in.
Here are some tenets that undergird the Special Needs Ministry:
- We are all fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:1
- We are all essential to the Body of Christ and without even one member, we are incomplete. 1 Corinthians 12:14-27
- The life to which Jesus calls each of us is abundant in blessing, wisdom, and the knowledge of Him, but it is important to remember that it is also one of service and sacrifice. Galatians 6:2 and Romans 15:1. To be Christ's followers, we recognize that we must turn from our selfish ways and take up our crosses daily. Matthew 16:24, Luke 9:23 and Galatians 2:20.
Let us get to know you
If you or a loved one is affected by special needs and/or disabilities, we would love to get to know you! Please fill out this form to help us better minister and serve you and your family.
We aim to offer the following practical support to those affected by disabilities and/or special needs:
- Peer buddies
- One-on-one aides for Sunday School, VBS, Awana, etc.
- 1st service special needs classroom
- Sensory / calming room
- Fellowship events
- Regular communication, prayer and encouragement
- "The Art of Marriage" Study for couples caring for a child/children with disabilities. Meets on Saturdays from 6:30-8pm, with childcare available.
(Meeting on April 8 & 22, May 6)
- Day at Hershey Park: May 29, 2017. RSVP needed by end of March.
- Monthly Small Group for individuals caring for a child/children with disabilities. Please contact the coordinator to be added to the email list to be informed about the dates.
- Respite Nights. Please contact the coordinator to be added to the email list to be informed about the dates.
- Picnic / Swimming Event (Summer date TBD)
- Day at the Farm (Fall date TBD)
- Turning Barriers to Bridges - Part 1 (from Joni and Friends)
- Turning Barriers to Bridges - Part 2 (from Joni and Friends)
- Pamela Hackett of PTS (Pediatric Therapeutic Services) - Disability Awareness Training
Jessica Cicali, mother to a child with disabilities and special needs resulting from Angelman Syndrome.